GFC Treatment For Hair
Growth Factor Concentration or GFC is a highly concentrated growth factor preparation….
About Growth Factor Concentrate (GFC)
Growth Factor Concentration or GFC is a highly concentrated growth factor preparation prepared from a person’s own blood for superior results in hair loss and facial rejuvenation treatment.
Various growth factors are stored in platelets. These growth factors from a person’s own blood are extracted in high concentration as a GFC in specially designed Kits. This GFC is injected into the scalp & skin (face and neck), thus, delivering growth factors at high concentration. This results in regeneration and repair.
Any candidate in their early or late stage of baldness, fine wrinkles, or facial rejuvenation are the best candidate for GFC therapy and it is equally effective in both males and females.
What Growth Factors Does GFC Treatment Rely On?
Our platelets store various growth factors which support regeneration, tissue repair and stem cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): It boosts perifollicular (around hair follicle)angiogenesis(new blood vessel formation) in hair and enhances perifollicular vessel size during anagen.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): It supports the growth and repair of hair cells. It works by multiplying specific types of cells in the body, surrounding tissues, and outer layers.
- Platelet-derived Growth Factor (PDGF): It aids in the multiplication of stem and endothelial cells.
- Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1): It contributes to the development of hair follicles, accelerates hair growth, and stimulates angiogenesis.
Growth Factor Concentrate - Advanced Treatment For Hair Loss
It is highly safe as prepared from the Patient’s own blood without any contamination. To prepare GFC for hair loss treatment about 16-20ml of a person’s own blood is required and it takes about 40 minutes for preparation to get about 7-8 ml of final ready to inject GFC output.
Advantages of GFC Treatment:
- GFC treatment reduces hair fall and it makes hair thicker and fuller in volume.
- It is appropriate for individuals of all genders. After extraction of the blood, the growth factors is carefully extracted via GFC kits to create a contamination-free treatment called GFC for hair.
- Unlike the PRP treatment, the process involves no additional blood cells, only Growth factors, hence minimal or no pain.
- The growth factors present in GFC treatments helps in improving scalp health by reducing inflammation, balancing sebum production, and promoting a healthier environment for hair growth.
- GFC can produce outcomes in fewer sessions, when compared to PRP.
GFC is most effective treatment for patterned hair loss. This simple, non-invasive procedure is excellent for natural hair regrowth and stimulation because it uses the client’s blood platelets for hair regeneration and restoration.
4-6 sessions of GFC therapy one month apart are recommended. The session can be repeated every 3 months for maintenance.
GFC is a safe procedure. Minimal pain and pinpoint bleeding are the few side effects.
Tolerable and temporary pain during treatment is there. This can be managed by using topical anesthesia, nerve block etc.,
GFC Treatment price varies from Rs.9000 to Rs.11000 depending on the area to be treated.
- No exercises or heavy physical activities day before treatment.
- Increase intake of water a day before and on the day of treatment.
- No junk and spicy food a day before and on the day of treatment.
- Avoid Alcohol and smoking atleast 3 days before the session.
- Hair should be properly shampooed and conditioned before the session
- Should avoid touching the scalp.
- No combing for a day.
- Hair should not be washed at least for 1-2 days after the treatment.
- Topical medications should be applied as per doctors’ advice.
- Avoid exercise or heavy physical activities after the treatment.