Many adults have nevi, but their number varies from individual to individual !!
Surgical Excision of a Mole
Moles/birth marks are common skin growths in adults, medically known as nevi . Nevi are rarely present at birth known as congenital nevi. Most moles form later on in life typically during the first and second decades called as acquired nevi. Moles can appear anywhere on your body with age few change their color or may grow in size.
Moles are mostly harmless however if the they start getting painful, itchy , any difference in a mole’s colour , size , shape , or if they start to bleed they start to bleed could be a warning sign of skin cancer. In this kind of cases consulting dermatologist is important.
Best Surgical Excision Of a Mole In India@FMS
Best Mole Excision Procedure in Hyderabad @FMS
Best Mole Excision Procedure Overview
Moles can be treated either by a minor surgical procedures like radio frequency, electrocautery and punch excision. Sometimes a combination of treatments may be needed. Small moles are removed in a single session while larger moles require serial excision. Some moles like Nevus of Ota / Ito, Bathing trunk nevus, Beckers’s nevus requires combination of laser therapies.
What Causes Moles?
- Genetics: Genes inherited from our parents determine the presence, pattern and number of moles on our body. Genetic mutations are likely to be responsible for the formation of moles . Ethnicity also determines the occurrence of moles; for instance, fair-skinned people are likely to have more moles than others.
- Sun exposure: Sun exposure results in the development of more moles especially during childhood or early teen years. They also tend to become more darker due to excessive sun exposure.
- Hormonal fluctuations: Hormonal changes during puberty or pregnancy also results in developing moles.
Why is melanoma so deadly? @FMS
Best Management Of Moles for Skin in India @FMS
Why Do Moles Appear?
Moles appear when pigment cells called melanocytes are responsible for imparting skin its natural colour, start to grow in clusters. They are darker than the skin colour and become more apparent due to prolonged sun exposure.
Are You At Risk Of Developing Melanoma?
Fair-skinned people living in tropical region, excessive exposure to UV rays and women are prone to develop atypical moles. Any physical change in the appearance of moles like colour, shape, texture, bleeding, etc requires immediate medical evaluation. Having a family history of melanoma or the presence of more than 50 odd moles on one’s body increases risk of skin cancer.
Tips To Look Out For Melanoma:
- Any change in colour, shape, texture or height
- Any mole that is irregular in growth
- Any mole that becomes hard
- Any associated dryness or flaking
- Any associated itching
- Any visible oozing/bleeding
Prevention And Management Of Moles:
Since we cannot change our genes, it is not possible to prevent appearance of moles. The Following measures can help in better management of moles:
- Apply high-quality broad-spectrum sunscreen to all exposed skin to the sun year round, including in winters.
- When you are exposed to sunlight (driving in the car, going on walks, sitting by a window at work, etc.) wear protective clothing.
- Minimize being outside between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s light is most intense.
- Tanning beds are just as bad or worse than laying out at the beach. Avoid it.
- If you live or if you go on a vacation in higher altitudes be aware the sun rays are more powerful, making your skin more vulnerable to damage.
When to see a doctor?
See a dermatologist if you want to remove a mole that bothers you or if the mole has changed, which could be a sign of cancer. The doctor can do a biopsy to test under a microscope to see if it’s cancerous or not.
FMS is a brand, that runs much deeper than colors, logo or a statement. For us, it’s a promise ……. a promise of quality
H. No. 1-111/3/B, Pranav Tej Towers Above Vijetha Super Market, Gachibowli – Miyapur Rd, opp. KIMS Hospital, Hanuman Nagar, Kondapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500084
Translate This Page: