The use of ultraviolet light in the treatment of photo-responsive skin diseases is time tested!!
What is phototherapy used for?
Since the early days when the sunlight was the only source of light, it has been shown that light could heal. Over the time, researchers could eliminate the damaging rays and safely harness the therapeutic light rays.
Phototherapy is nothing but the use of these therapeutic rays to treat specific skin conditions.
TThe use of ultraviolet light in the treatment of photo-responsive skin diseases is time tested, safe and effective. Advances in our understanding of the pathogenesis of skin diseases has resulted in the development of new phototherapeutic modalities such as narrowband UVB, long-wave UVA (UVA1), bath-PUVA, photodynamic therapy etc.
Narrow band UVB is the gold standard for the treatment of skin conditions. Narrow Band UVB has proven to be the most effective phototherapy treatment option for psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, and mycosis fungoides.
Best doctor for vitiligo treatment in india In Hyderabad @FMS
Targeted phototherapy for vitiligo
Best Targeted Phototherapy for Vitiligo Hyderabad in India @FMS
Targeted phototherapy is a form of phototherapy which involves targeted application of light energy at the lesion through special delivery mechanisms.
It is advantageous as
- Treatment involves exposure of affected areas only and sparing of unaffected areas.
- Energy is delivered quickly.
- Delivery of higher doses of energy because uninvolved areas are not exposed.
- Manoeuvrable hand piece allows treatment of difficult areas such as the scalp, nose, genitals, oral mucosa and ear.
- Easy to treat children as delivery is hand-held.
Best vitiligo doctor in Hyderabad
Best Phototherapy Treatment Near Me @FMS
As Narrow Band UVB eliminates harmful UV rays by emitting only wavelengths 311-312 nm it is better than broad band UVB lamps which emit a variety of wavelengths ranging from 280-330 nm.
- Eliminating UV in wavelengths below 311 nm permits higher intensities and longer exposure times, so patients can derive the maximum benefit from phototherapy.
- This increased effectiveness helps in a shorter course of treatment as it permits more aggressive treatment regimens.
- It avoids the danger of serious burning from sub-erythemal exposure, and also gives longer remission periods after treatment.
Vitiligo, psoriasis, oral lichen planus, alopecia areata, atopic dermatitis, hypopigmented striae, hypopigmented scars etc.
FMS is a brand, that runs much deeper than colors, logo or a statement. For us, it’s a promise ……. a promise of quality
H. No. 1-111/3/B, Pranav Tej Towers Above Vijetha Super Market, Gachibowli – Miyapur Rd, opp. KIMS Hospital, Hanuman Nagar, Kondapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500084
Translate This Page: